Friday, February 20, 2009

Pneumonia?

I am finally getting over being sick. It started out just being a cold, then things did not get better for 2 weeks. The day I was planning on going to the doctor, it got really bad, I could hardly get out of bed, and there was no way that I was in good enough condition to drive to the doctor. After waiting for an hour an a half to see the doctor, I was finally told that I have Pneumonia. I am so tired of having rheumatiod arthritis. The medicine I have to take helps my arthritis, but weakens my immune system. So every time that I get a cold, it turns into Pneumonia, or Bronchitis, or a Sinus infection. I am so sick of it. Ranting aside, the antibiotics are working and I am feeling much better, not 100%, but better nonetheless. I have even been able to go for 3 easy 2 hour rides, but thats about it. My heart rate is always way higher than normal when riding, but Im excited to see a nice and steady improvement. So my first official race of the season will be the Tour of Tucson Stage Race in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can get Cat 3 upgrade for it, I don't understand why USA Cycling wont give it to me, but ill keep trying. And my first professional race will be the Fontana National Cross Country and Short Track Races towards the end of March.

No comments: