Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back On The Bike, sorta


Dylan Stucki 2nd at 9.86 miles.

So in mid December I decided I was going to start my base training for the 2009 season. I got in a 13 hour week, then the next three days later I rode another 7 hours. It looked like I was off to a great start, well a three week trip back to Alaska for Christmas with my family ruined anything gained by the week and a half of previous training. Only on 6 days the daily high temperature was above 0 degrees F. I think I cross-country skied three times, downhill skied twice, went to the gym once. Then, as soon as I got back to Durango, I put in a 15 hour week, then a 12 hour week, with at least one good hard run a week.
To really see whether the lack of training did much damage, I competed in the Annual Snowdown Roller Races event. Its a fun race where two people at a time ride on rollers as hard as possible for 15 minutes. The winner is the one who goes the farthest distance while staying in place. I ended up riding 9.08 miles and that put me in 4th place.
Now I'm Sick!

Look at the speed!
Top(Alex Howard 3rd at 9.76 miles, Trevor Downing 1st at 9.98 miles)
Bottom(me suffering after 4th at 9.08)

No comments: