Tuesday, February 24, 2009

90% healthy, 70% fast.

So I am finally done with the antibiotics. YAY!
Then yesterday I did my first interval workout of the training season and I had a blast. I had so much fun! The fun wasn't because of the intervals, but because it was raining, and I love rain. I really love rain! It just reminds me of where I come from. Anyway I rode just up out of Durango, to this hill called "The Cliffs". The Cliffs starts at 7100 feet above sea level and ends at just under 9000 feet. It is a great place to do AT intervals at because its so steep that its not possible to go easy. Then getting to descend down the 24 switchbacks, is completely worth the suffering up to the top.
Today, I went on the longest ride of my training season. It was 3 hours and 38 minutes, and 71 miles. I have to thank Matt Shriver and Neil (don't know his last name) for taking me on one of the most beautiful roads I have ever been on, and the most beautiful that I have ridden my bike on. I will have to ride on it again tomorrow to take pictures and just enjoy it again.

No comments: