Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So tonight I did the only short track race held in Alaska. It was a pretty fun race, the course was perfect for me and there was a light pole at the bottom of a super steep fast hill to dodge. It was 25 minutes +2 laps. Within 2 laps local road race champ, Matt Navokavich, and I broke away from the 20 person field. On lap 4 I try to get a gap on one of the two steep uphills. That did me no good. I tried again every other lap, but kept failing. Finally at 20 minutes in I notice that Matt is breathing way harder than I am. So I attack on the closest hill and got a gap, then I let him catch me at the bottom of the next uphill only to attack him again. This one sticks. I was able to hold it the next 5 laps to the finish. My first win since heading back to AK for the summer. Ill try to get some pics in the next few days. But I'm stoked.

No comments: