Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away


So in the last week and a half, there has been one sunny day, every other day it has rained all day and just been miserable. When it rains in Alaska it is not a warm rain, it is a 50 degree rain. Anyway I decided to buy myself some mud tires out of Chain Reaction Cycles sale bin. I chose the Michelin Wildgripper in the tubeless version. This tire is the best tire I have ever used in wet conditions, it rolls really fast, it rolls smooth, corners even in even greasiest sharp bends, but best of all, it didn't clog up when I climbed the steepest and wettest climb on the ride(that climb is hard to ride when dry, not to mention when its wet and slippery). The Wildgrippers are 670 grams and 1.95 inches wide. The only downside is that Michelin doesn't make the Wildgrippers anymore. So here are some pics of them.

No comments: