Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pro XC

That race was nuts. 120 starters. The first lap was just insane, people were crashing and getting mechanicals all over the place. There was a super steep sandy climb at the beginning of the lap, and only the top 10 or 15 guys were even able to ride it, so I did what was natural to me, and sholdered my bike and ran. I passed maybe 20 people by the time I got to the top of the hill. Going so hard so early sort of ruined my legs for the rest of the race. O well. I ended up placing 71st and was pulled at the end of the 3rd of 5 laps. At first I was a little dissapointed with how the race went, but then I had to realize that I had pneumonia a month ago, and was out for 3 weeks. Now I am glad things went the way they did, I learned a lot and I now know that the only thing I really need to work on is my general fitness which should come throughout the summer.
The races coming up next for me are the Mountain States Cup XC and ST in Fruita, Colorado, and the first XTERRA Cup on May 2nd in Las Vegas.

No comments: